Based in Sydney, Australia, Jonathan Tuch (B. Proc), has more than 30 years of experience in commercial and general law, local and international. Jonathan was admitted as a lawyer in New South Wales in 2010 after relocating from Johannesburg, South Africa.
Practicing as a Solicitor, Jonathan heads up Equity Legal Cost Consultants, providing dedicated services in legal costs, including legal costs negotiation. ELCC provide clients with exceptional, personalised and quality legal services at competitive rates.
Jonathan has worked in association with legal firms and Cost Consultants in New South Wales and Western Australia, and offers legal cost services to law firms in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
With more than 30 years experience in commercial and general law, Jonathan now specialises in legal costing services, detailed below.
LEGAL COSTS SERVICES
- Drafting Bills of Costs, Notices of Objection and Responses in all New South Wales jurisdictions
- Drafting Cost Statements, Notices of Objections and Replies in Queensland jurisdictions
- Drafting Bills of Costs, Notices of Objection and Responses in all Victorian jurisdictions
- Drafting Bills of Costs, Notices of Objection and Responses in Federal jurisdictions
- Attending Taxation in Federal Court
- Drawing Short Form Bills of Costs and Costs Statements
- Drawing Costing Documentation in Other Jurisdictions
- Costing Consulting Services in New South Wales
ADMISSIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Admitted as a lawyer in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia, in May 2010, and practising as a Solicitor in Sydney, New South Wales
- Admitted as Conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa in 1990
- Admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa (previously the Supreme Court of South Africa) in 1981
- Baccalaureus Procurationis (B Proc) degree - University of the Witwatersrand (1978)
COMMERCIAL & GENERAL LEGAL EXPERIENCE
General and Commercial law
- Real Estate
- International - Johannesburg, South Africa: Conducted practice as Attorney and Conveyancer as a general practitioner for own account with specialty in conveyancing and legal cost consulting. All fields of general practice included: civil litigation – commercial, divorce and Family Courts - general litigation; criminal trial work – Magistrates Courts; collections; testamentary and deceased estates practice; general conveyancing; costs consulting; corporate practice; Panel Conveyancer for Standard Bank of South Africa Limited; Panel Conveyancer for Nedcor Bank South Africa Limited; Deeds Office registrations for First National Bank, a division of First Rand Limited South Africa, and other corporate clients
- International – Namibia: Drawing and opposing Bills of Costs